Cymbidium Pharaoh's Dream is an orchid hybrid originated by H.Palmer in 2006. It is a cross of Cym. Pharaoh's Gold x Cym. Daves Dream. Native of tropical areas of Australia and Asia. Cymbidiums are prized for their long sprays of blooms, which make lovely arrangements as well as corsages. Their thick, waxy petals open in the spring and often remain on their stems for up to two months.
Colour: Lemon Yellow
Plant Size: Blooming Size
Plant Stage: Matured
Pot Type: Plastic Pot
Pot Size: 7 to 8 inch
Potting Media: Cocopeat-husk
Growing Conditions: Temperate
Growing Level: Moderate
Note: Plant will be delivered without flowers / spikes / buds
Water: Water them in the morning when the media is dry. Ensure there is moisture in the media and keep them from drying up.
Light: Ensure a good dose of indirect sunlight. Ideally the early morning light is advisable.
Temperature: Cool-growing orchids with temperatures between 10°C and 38°C are suitable for growth and flowering. During the rainy season, differences in day and night temperatures encourage the growth of spikes and, thus, flowers in the winter from the month of October until the month of May. Summer temperatures will encourage faster growth. Humidity: Maintain humidity level of 60% - 80%. Regular watering in plants helps maintain the humidity and encourage growth. Good air circulation is a must.
Fertilizer: Weekly fertilizing required during active growth (summers). In winter months, plants are fertilized twice a month.
Note: Never fertilize an orchid that is completely dry, because this can cause major damage to the roots.
Potting: Cymbidium should be repotted in a pot after every year at the time of spring just after the flowering with coarse mix which can hold moisture and can maintain humidity. Media should be as such so that water drains out properly and provides proper aeration.
1. Open the box under the shade (cool area).
2. Keep the plant for rest for at least 12 hrs.
3. Clean the plant and wash them with a fungicide solution and keep spraying the fungicides once in a week.
4. After 15 days you can start spraying fertilizer after every 10 days in growing season (summers) and after every 15 days in dormant season (winter).
5. Repotting is preferred to be done in a growing season.
6. Keep checking the growth of new roots which indicates the plants have successfully settled in your location.
Consult our Orchid experts
Our in-house team of experts will help you with all your doubts and queries about growing Orchids