Plants grow in lowland forest of India to SE Asia, Java, Sumatra, Borneo and the Philippines in cool to warm temperatures.
Colour: Pink White
Plant Size: Blooming Size
Plant Stage: Matured
Pot Type: Wood
Pot Size: Mounted
Potting Media: Moss
Growing Conditions: Tropical
Growing Level: Moderate
Note: Plant will be delivered without flowers / spikes / buds
Water: Phalaenopsis is a "monopodial" orchid, which means that it grows from a single stem. Hence, this plant has a lower tolerance for drought. Water them in the morning when the media is dry. Ensure there is moisture in the media and keep them from drying up.
Light: Ensure a good dose of indirect sunlight. Ideally the early morning light is advisable.
Temperature: Warm to cool growing orchids with temperature between 21°C to 38°C suitable for growth. During fall, limited exposure to lower night time temperatures encourage growth of spikes. Higher temperature will encourage faster growth.
Humidity: Maintain humidity level of 60% - 80%. Regular watering in plants helps maintain the humidity and encourage growth. Good air circulation is a must.
Fertilizer: Weekly fertilizing required during active growth. In winter months, plants are fertilized twice a month.
Note: Never fertilize an orchid that is completely dry, because this can cause major damage to the roots.
Potting: Phalaenopsis should be repotted in a small transparent pot with coarse mix which can hold moisture and can maintain humidity. Media should be as such so that water drains out properly and provides proper aeration.
1. Open the box under the shade (cool area).
2. Keep the plant for rest for at least 12 hrs.
3. Clean the plant and wash them with a fungicide solution and keep spraying the fungicides once in a week.
4. After 15 days you can start spraying fertilizer after every 10 days in growing season (summers) and after every 15 days in dormant season (winter).
5. Repotting is preferred to be done in the growing season.
6. Keep checking the growth of new roots which indicates the plants have successfully settled in your location.
Consult our Orchid experts
Our in-house team of experts will help you with all your doubts and queries about growing Orchids