Orchid growing for beginners Tips, Ideas & Techniques
- For beginners Dendrobium variety is the most easiest orchid to grow and care. It grows well in the tropics over the temperature of 20-45 degree Celsius.
- 6-8 inch seedling in 2 inch pot with 3 different colours which can bloom within 6 months of vegetavive growth period.
Note : Extra 3.5 inch net pot will be given with a packet of Orchid Potting Mix. after 20 days from the receipt of plants repot them in 3.5 inch net pot with orchid potting mix provided.
- Orchid Care Spray Pack- Spray pack contains Orchid Food, Orchid Fumigation agent & Pets and Insects Repellent. Spray over the plant and media twice a month.
Contents of combo:
* 3 Dendrobium Seedlings (Blue, White and Yellow )
* 3 Net Pot (3.5 inch)
* 1 set Orchid Care Spray Pack
* 1 nos Orchid Potting Mix
Colour: Blue, White, Yellow
Plant Size: Seedling Size
Plant Stage: Seedling (6-8 inch)
Pot Type: Black Net Pot
Pot Size: 2 inch
Potting Media: Coconut Husk
Growing Conditions: Tropical (Intermediate to warm)
Growing Level: Easy
Note: Plant will be delivered without flowers / spikes / buds
Water: Water in the morning when the media is dry. Ensure there is moisture in the media and keep them from drying up.
Light: Ensure a good dose of indirect sunlight. Ideally the early morning light is advisable.
Temperature: Warm growing orchids with temperature between 25°C to 38°C suitable for growth. During fall, limited exposure to lower night time temperatures encourage growth of spikes. Higher temperature will encourage faster growth.
Humidity: Maintain humidity level of 60% - 80%. Regular watering in plants helps maintain the humidity and encourage growth. Good air circulation is a must.
Fertilizer: Weekly fertilizing required during active growth. In winter months, plants are fertilized twice a month.
Note: Never fertilize an orchid that is completely dry, because this can cause major damage to the roots.
Potting: Dendrobium should be repotted in a small pot with coarse mix which can hold moisture and can maintain humidity. Media should be as such so that water drains out properly and provides proper aeration.
1. Open the box under the shade (cool area).
2. Keep the plant for rest for at least 12 hrs.
3. Clean the plant and wash them with fungicide solution and keep spraying the fungicides once in a week
4. After 15 days you can start spraying fertilizer after every 10 days in growing season (summers) and after every 15 days in dormant season (winter)
5. Repotting is preferred to be done in growing season
6. Keep checking the growth of new roots which indicates the plants have successfully settled in your location.
Consult our Orchid experts
Our in-house team of experts will help you with all your doubts and queries about growing Orchids